AW: [PD] [announce] flext 0.1.1 / xsample 0.2.1 / idelay 0.0.1

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Feb 25 12:51:32 CET 2002

> What would be the preferred location to install the flext header and
> library files in linux? I know, that I can give the FLEXTPATH in my
> Makefiles, but maybe it would be a good idea, to agree upon a common
> location, as everyone will have the flext source files somewhere else.
>
> Personally I would just put the header in /usr/include and flext.a in
> /usr/lib or somewhere under /usr/lib/pd. I'm not sure, where you wanted
> it to land, maybe $(PDEXTRA), but that one is not defined in the flext
> makefile. It is in xsample, though.

Hmmm, i didn't spend brain-time on that. I simply put the flext source where
i develop my externals (i.e. /home/thomas/prog/pd/flext), and the lib in
some subfolder of that .....this is surely no portable behavior....
/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib is just fine. Be aware that the
flext.a may not be upwards compatible for the next few "releases".
I'll fix the path stuff for the upcoming next release (featuring
list/anything for all inlets)

greetings,
Thomas