AW: [PD] [announce] flext 0.1.1 / xsample 0.2.1 / idelay 0.0.1

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Tue Feb 26 17:41:53 CET 2002

> In fact, I can't rebuild flext or xsample at the moment, because I always
> get an "Internal compiler error", using gcc in version 2.95.4. Your
> binaries work fine, though...

I did the build with gcc 2.95.2 which works fine for flext.

I'm generally surprised by the bad quality of most C++ compilers, though.
GCC and MSVC 6 ("internal compiler error") and CodeWarrior for MacOS ("C++
feature not implemented") fail when using more "exotic" (but standard) C++
features,
like template <int,int> for functions or class member pointers.

For Windows i can recommend the free BorlandC++ 5.5 compiler with which i
have never experienced any problems.
What concerns Linux I would like to hear if anyone has made experiences with
the gcc 3.0 series (before i try it out...). Anybody using it?

greetings, Thomas