[PD] [announce][Gem] well, here it is....

marco marco4linux at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 01:41:08 CET 2002

Hi, I would be very excited to pix_dv to work.

Unfortunately, there are some problems compiling...
(I am using a highly modified Redhat 7.1 machine)

Since there is no ./configure script for makeauxlibs, I had to edit the
  Makefile for glm so that it would find glut.h in /usr/X11R6/include.
(Perhaps a configure for makeauxlibs would be a good idea, as many
people probably don't have those libs, I couldn't find glm quickly using
google (and the top-level configure was blocking on that).  Then I saw
you had included it!)

Then there are problems with the libdv.  I tried several different
versions and got many errors with all of them.

Which version of libdv should I use? I did not find this in the Docs.

   I had a standalone version libdv-0.9 from sourceforge which I can use
to grab dv images with dvgrab and kino.
   Because it seemed like you might be using the herione warrior version
that came with their version of the quicktime libraries, I downloaded
those ( I had been using openquicktime), but still there are errors :(
   I'm not sending you all the make errors because perhaps they are not
informative. I think I must be using the wrong version of the dv
libraries.

All errors stem from :

In file included from pix_dvLinux.h:21,
                  from pix_dvLinux.cpp:19:
/usr/include/quicktime/dv.h:4: `quicktime_video_map_t' was not declared
in this scope
/usr/include/quicktime/dv.h:4: parse error before `)'
etc etc etc...

-hope this helps

marco