[PD] ASIO support

Johannes Taelman Johannes.Taelman at rug.ac.be
Wed Mar 13 13:23:59 CET 2002

Hi all,

PD-test13 crashes with the hammerfall-dsp-card.
It runs with a Layla24 soundcard, but sounds very broken.

There is a typo on line 47 of pablio.c
] #define FRAMES_PER_BUFFER    (126) // low latency version (12ms @
                                                             44.1kHz)
should be
] #define FRAMES_PER_BUFFER    (128)

Changing this makes it sound a little less broken (?) on the Layla24. I
haven't checked with this change on the hammerfall-dsp, don't know if this
eliminates the crash.

The timing seems to be stable, only occasional clicks while
smooth-scrolling in Internet Explorer.

I think there is something wrong with the endianess in pd-ASIO.
Everything sounds very distorted. I think the lsb and msb are swapped in
playback. Where should I look for this in the code?

thanks

Johannes