AW: [PD] [announce] probalizer : a brick for stochastic music

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Fri Mar 29 09:30:44 CET 2002

> i would have liked to use flext for this
> but there doesn't seem to be any
> graphic capabilities provided for now.
> Q : is it planned to have this one day ??

Hi Yves,
i have yet to become more familiar with GUI objects in PD, but i know that
graphics is totally different from MaxMSP (no TCL/TK there). I can't really
imagine how a portable layer for graphics can look like.
Hence, you can use flext for your external but the graphic functions will
remain much the same.

I will try to port one of your externals to flext to see what could be done.
Maybe i try the sonogram~...

Another thing is that i'm just to release a first python script object - and
python provides excellent portable graphic functions (wxPython - see gripd).
This seems much easier to access.

greetings,
Thomas