[PD][announce] new objects: maxlib

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Apr 15 15:44:08 CEST 2002

hi,

CK wrote:
 >>maybe it is time to revive pd-lib?  Maybe under a new name and outside
 >>of sourceforge?
 >>

 > why not use the name and location ?

well, I really meant ``_maybe_ it would be better to make a change'',
because

. I think it somehow does not work sourceforge way:

   pd-lib.sourceforge.net/status.html:  Last Update: May 10, 2000

. I do not like the name.  It suggests being ``the pd library''...

 >>Just recently I have made comb~ and allpass~ clones needed for
 >>flanging/phasing fx with sub-blocksize delays.  I coded them from
 >>scratch, because the versions in pd-lib cannot be modulated.
 >>

 > where ?

I prefer not to release untested code, sorry...  Esp. if this would
mean starting a new project (which is not vital:  after all, vd~ is
sufficient in most cases).

And, from user's pov, the more (distributed) code to collect, the
less time is left for music...

But I would happily see it part of a larger context.

Krzysztof