AW: [PD][announce] new objects: maxlib

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Apr 15 16:38:01 CEST 2002

> The name 'maxlib' was not intended to say something like 'max clones
> library' (but I prefer to stick to the Max 'originals', implementing their
> names and behaviour to make it easier for people who use both Max and Pd).

This was the original idea behind the flext layer. Write once, use on both
platforms.

Yet, the most obvious advantage of MaxMSP are the GUI objects where PD is
far behind.
I have thought over it but i did not come to a really portable solution.
I will try to implement an embedded wxPython interface in the next time,
which seems to be the best suited for the available platforms, but it will
NOT support pd's GUI client/server approach. I don't mind, though.

greetings,
Thomas