[PD] to clip or not?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Apr 15 20:15:19 CEST 2002

hi all,

I have changed my mind, and made some tests of that comb~ thing,
putting a mac with msp alongside a pc with Pd.  As far as I can
tell, the comparison test has been passed for both static, and
flanged effects.  One thing remains unclear, though:

-- the feedback gain input is never clipped in msp version, and
it is easy to produce comb~'s output level reaching `infinity'...

Should I keep it that way?  And also: how about using more than
10 ms for a default maximum delay time (making the two combs
slightly incompatible)?

Krzysztof