AW: [PD] Call for Unified Libraries & Debian Packages

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed Apr 17 11:57:34 CEST 2002

> IMO the ideal solution would be to build a CVS server for externals.
> Together with some rules how to contribute.
>
> A .tar.gz and zip snapshot from this can then be used for distribution,
> binary versions for the different platforms can be build from that.
>
> Well, setting up such a system is a bit of work, and it can only succeed
> if the external developers agree to use it.
>
> This way we could somehow try to start to have a quality control for
> externals, bug tracking system and the like. This should do away with
> the concerns Yves has about the pure-data.org site.
>
> Lets not bitch at each other, its not jfm3's fault that external
> developers are as chaotic as (some of us) are.

I think it's just the same - contributing to a CVS server or submitting
links to pure-data.org, although the latter is sure easier for people with
less programming experience.
And if a source management system, it might be most convenient to take an
existing one, like sourceforge.

As i understood it, there is a possibility to outsource the task of checking
the submissions to pure-data.org, so that the work load is distributed on
more than just jfm3 and response times can be shorter.
I personally like the pure-data.org system.

greetings,
Thomas