[PD] pd-max compatibility

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Wed Apr 24 10:16:42 CEST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
> Moreover, pd-lib had been designed with clearly different aims than
> cyclone, and we have discussed that already on pd-list.
>
> I have been simply gathering some code I need, and while doing that,
> I thought it would be nice to share that code.  I do not have time,
> nor skills to replace Karl, sorry...
>
> Krzysztof
>
> btw, I have not used any pd-lib code yet (nor yours:-)

:) ... its not really about this this time, its more about behaviour
of people in the pd community.

I think that it is great that people share their code, and of course
it is their own decision how they do it, ......

... but doing it in a more structured way would be a big win.

This way, I have just downloaded 65 (!) packages of pd externals, and
I feel like I don't have the motivation nor the time to make this ready
for demudi packaging, not speaking of debian packaging ...
(which might seem they same, but packaging for debian is definitively
harder)

Guenter