[PD] pd-gui wishlist

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Wed Apr 24 11:46:16 CEST 2002

martin pi hat gesagt: // martin pi wrote:

> > comments add to that. I would add one thing - windows
> > should remember where you put them last I think.
> > A lot of other things work that way.
>

> this should be put in the bowl labeled "very very
> important".

But I think, it's also "very very platform dependent". For example on
Linux/XWindows you have some window managers that remember the last
position, some don't and some offer you a lot of different placement
options. For example Blackbox has:

  Smart Placment (Rows)
  Smart Placment (Columns)
  Cascade Placement
  Left to Right
  Right to Left
  Top to Bottom
  Bottom to Top

And others let you make snapshots of window positions and whatnot.
I'm not sure, if I want PD to override my window manager preferences

ciao,
--
 Frank Barknecht                                  _ _______footils__