[PD] multichannel, rme and alsa

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Fri May 17 10:04:53 CEST 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 16. Mai 2002 um 19:47:53 Uhr (+0200) schrieb günter geiger:
> >
> > Finally there is another solution to get pd working with ALSA,rme
> > multichannel, by applying the patch for the jack audio server, ..
> > well, .. just to have it mentioned once here on the list.
>

> Which patch? Where? How?

It can be found on the jack devel list, forgot the URL.
I would not recommend it for doing important performances though,
as it is in early development, thats probably why almost nobody on th pd
list knows about it.

I took some time looking at pd's alsa code, and from that it is
pretty obvious why the RME card doesn't work, because non-interleaved
mode is not supported.  I would recommend to use my driver and just wait
until pd's alsa support gets fixed.

Guenter