[PD] newbie flounders in soundcard hell. PLEASE HELP!

Jason Mark Martin jmm030 at students.stir.ac.uk
Tue May 21 04:28:57 CEST 2002

Hi,

I`m new to the list as i only got pd recently, I am really interested in
MAX/MSP and since pd seems to be the next best thing for windows at the
moment here I am=]
However I`ve been having problems with my soundcard and i was wondering
if any folk here know what`s the prob. When i run the midi and sound
test screen the audio glitches and the numbers from left and right are
not the same....also the midi sync test is erratic and best of all when
i turn the monitor box on the audio generates feedback and soon becomes
unbareable. I seen a few other people in the archives with this prob but
i couldn`t see the solution=[
I using windows 98, 450mg and a soundblaster 64v that is embedded on the
motherboard. If anyone at all has any ideas to sort this out i`d be
utterly grateful as i`m really interested in using pd to control my nord
modular.

Yours hopefully

jason from ireland