[PD] gem0.87 bug

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Jul 10 16:42:02 CEST 2002

? wrote:

> I found the libmpeg1 somehow very buggy, and furthermore it just does an
> "exit" when it fails to load a file, which leads to surpises somehow.
>

 > libmpeg3 is not very accessible, so I vote to support the
 > following libraries:
 >
 > http://libmpeg2.sourceforge.net/
 > http://avifile.sourceforge.net/

i have used libmpeg3 because it was more stable and had more features
than libmpeg1.
I didn't know about libmpeg2 and it's features.

however, since i knew that libmpeg3 wasn't that available i thought it
would be best to configure it out, which one to take

of course, avifile has to be included...

> For the beginning we could include the two versions in the GemLibs
> tarball.

i have always thought of the GemLibs to provide libraries that are not
packaged (with debian as the reference distribution)
but seeing, that libmpeg2 is cross-platform (at least linux/windoze)
(and not very big) this is a very strong reason to add it to the GemLibs

mfg.ds.dar
IOhannes