[PD] [OT] Sensitivity to timbre and adequacy of instruments to musics

mark mark at junklight.com
Tue Sep 3 16:29:38 CEST 2002

Hi,

missed the original question but I have been looking at
using "generators" to produce music - I'm not looking for
totally random things - my main goal is to produce structures
with a human feel that I can play around with.

I tend to write externals for PD rather than doing stuff
outside PD and use them to drive VST instruments but you
could just as easily generate MIDI output.

I have been having fairly successful results using Markov Chains.

AFAICR Koan assigns different notes different probabilites

cheers

mark