[PD] known bug list?

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu umbpux at tin.it
Thu Sep 5 04:59:17 CEST 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:

Thanks to both of you.

> I didn't follow iCsound (or Csound) recently, but will this branch
> include a library interface like the one in, I think, MacCsound for
> Linux/W32?  Because that would make a csound~ object for PD much more
> useful than the current fifo/pipe solution. And of course, freeing
> Csound in iCsound could fuel my interest in this old workhorse again.

Many of the design choices I made in iCsound aimed to expose the internal
components (I mean, iCsound actually *has* components inside, unlike the
original application). I would appreciate if you could check the current
status and tell me it fits your needs in that field or what problems you find.

What do you mean with "freeing"? Are you talking about licensing?

If you have time/interest, you could join the iCsound development list or
mail me privately. I basically suspended the iCsound development (apart
bug fixes and supporting other people) and learning pure-data while a make
a decision on how to continue to work on it. In the mean time I'm
interested on reading other people's opinions.

Regards,
Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.