[PD] Physical modelling

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Thu Sep 5 14:31:34 CEST 2002

hi,

Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2002 13:56 schrieb João M Pais:
> Hello. I wanted to try your patches, but I have no midi controler, or any
> midi experience. Could you point how to simulate the midi commands in pd?
> (these noteins/noteouts seem confusing to me, I just know about pitches)
>
> By the way, do you know of any program (windows, please) which might
> simulate a real midi instrument which would connect to another program,
> like pd or csound?
>
> Thanks,
>
> João

on windows you might want to try "hubis midi loopback device"
( http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Hubis_LoopBack_device/ )

it creates a virtual midi connection between midi applications.
this way you can use your favorite sequencer/software and redirect
its output to a normal, virtual midi port.

greets,

chris