[PD] Problems with MIDI input, but only on Linux

Jim Ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Thu Sep 5 17:43:53 CEST 2002

I'm having some trouble with my midi port shutting down on me under
Linux. I am having no problems with Pd midi using windows XP however.
I'm using a usb midisport 2x2 interface.The problem happens when I have
midi input on both ports of the midisport. Occasionally Pd just stops
receiving the data. The only way I can get it back is to close Pd,
disconnect the midisport, restart it and Pd. This may be a problem with
the Linux driver for the midisport. Since I'm receiving the data via
wireless I think I may be getting the occasional non midi data which may
be causing the problem, but as I said this doesn't seem to be a problem
under windows. I really want to stay in Linux so if anyone has any
thoughts on what I might do to fix this I'd appreciate the input. Thanks!
Jim