[PD] Sampling rate and table size

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu umbpux at tin.it
Fri Sep 6 07:01:12 CEST 2002

Hi Marius. Thanks for the hints.

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, marius schebella wrote:

> hi,
> [samplerate~] send a bang to it and it will output the current samplerate

Found. Is the help page missing? Should I write one?

> second question: there should be an object,

Are you referring to getsize? It needs a pointer.

Is an "array" created with "table" the same thing as an array declared as
a part of a struct?
I find the documentation about "table" and arrays and templates and
structs a bit confusing.

> but i don't know. but the length
> usually doesn't change unless you resize it, so what you can do in the
> meantime is save the size, if you load a new soundfile into the table.
> [soundfiler] (with a resize option) outputs the length when it loads a new
> sample.

Ok. My problems was that when I pass a table to an abstraction I have to
pass both table and table size explicitly. Whan a patch gets a little
complex it is nice to save an inlet/object/connection.

Regards,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.