[PD] *cast~

martin pi pi at attacksyour.net
Mon Sep 9 22:29:48 CEST 2002

> >- connecting to a different stream does not work
> >(i disconnect and sent a different mount point in
> >a different connect message and it reconnects to
> >the last stream)
> >
> i guess it's mp3amp~ here, could you send me the urls you used ??
> ( we did that a lot without any problems )

yes it is mp3amp~

i further played with it and it seemed like it
connects to the last stream if it gets a connect
message to a stream that does not exist (i had a
typo in the connect).

normal reconnect now works fine, yet if you happen
to try to connect to a stream that does not exist
you get the wrong stream connection.

[ problem with command line is i used both in same
patch to know if my system works, so i was not
always sure from wich part the error came ]

> >- it sometimes just will not connect
> >
> >it says:
> >
> >Can't step back 511!
> >mpg123: Can't rewind stream by 350 bits!
> >
> mp3amp~ too ? i've seen this too. unfortunately, lame library seems to
> be in a wrong state when we try to reconnect.
> i can try to dig into this one.

well best is i test again tomorrow. but the only
working way for me is to reopen the patch (or just
do something else to re-create the mp3* externals)

but i have to say, that it is great stuff, your
externals _

best wishes
martin