[PD] scaling pix_draw in GEM ,and GEM performance question

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Sep 10 18:32:02 CEST 2002

Hi Jim,

If pix_draw is faster than pix_texture, then I have the suspicion that
you don't have OpenGL hardware support enabled.
(Although I am not sure why texturing should be faster in one case and
slower in the other, especially texturing images should be really fast)

scaleXYZ doesn't work with pix_ objects, it only has effect on OpenGL
objects (like the square).

Resizing for pix objects would be very slow, thats probably why there is
no object for that.

I don't think that more RAM would help, faster RAM probably, but  surely
not too much.

Guenter