[PD] "? about "border 0" with gemwin

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri Sep 13 18:29:13 CEST 2002

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Jim Ruxton wrote:

> Thanks Guenter,
> This suggestion did exactly what I was looking for. I noticed when I use
> the " border 0" option with gemwin I can no longer bring other windows
> in front of the GEM window. Is there a way to still use "border 0" and
> have access to the windows beneath the GEM window. Also is it possible
no, it's just as "windows" are handled by the window-manager
real windows (with borders) are equal, but some (without borders) are more
equal than others...
btw, i do not see much sense in having this.
using no borders is most likely for full-screen or similar (somehow
"performance" mode). Maybe your patches should work by then without too
much switching between windows ;-)

> to open more than one GEM window? Thanks again.
no, not possible too.
you can just create one single openGL-context (i hope i do not say
something very stupid).
Programs with multiple openGL-windows (like 3dmax) have 1 context that is
devided into various subwindows -- the same happens with gem in stereo 1
mode.
so you could emulate 2 subwindows with this stereo-mode (and with *very*
queer eye-settings)

> Jim
mfg.cds.dra
IOhannes