[PD] Py extern : WOW !!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 14 22:43:09 CEST 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Thomas Grill wrote:

> Yes, i'd like to have o look at your code! Is it all included in
> GridFlow?

Yes, 0.6.2, but that is confined to CVS until i fix the bugs. The more I
look at some of them, the more I think that there are bugs directly in
Ruby and/or PD. However I cannot pinpoint what they are at all, so I'm
stuck in pre-0.6.2.

> I think that most of the py/pyext code should be reusable for a Ruby
> interface. You know that py/pyext is based on flext. As i won't port
> flext to jMax in the next future, the rb/rbext wouldn't run there
> either.... it would run (as py/pyext would) under MaxMSP for Windows
> and OSX (but not under OS9), though.

I don't think your Ruby<->PD interface would be compatible with mine,
though, because mine is designed after the Ruby<->jMax interface and so
has a lot of jMaxisms in it.

matju