SndObj [Was: Re: [PD] Re: [PD-announce] dfx linux ports && mad mp3]

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Thu Sep 19 10:04:42 CEST 2002

Hi Thomas & the other folks,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> > Now if someone would write a class, that interconnects PD-inlets with the
> > SndIO class in SndObji, http://www.may.ie/academic/music/musictec/SndObj/
> ?
>
> Here it is - by the use of flext.
> See http://www.parasitaere-kapazitaeten.net/Pd/ext/sndobj for a base class
> (flsndobj.*, inherited from flext_dsp) and a derived example (ex-pitch.cpp)
> with one processing sndobj (pitch shifter) per channel.
> Now, add a management for sndobjs and you have pd within pd....

This is mighty cool and full of solutions to problems I had when
writing externals using SondObjs, for example it handles different
blocksizes and such. Thank you very much.

Now I'll have to port syncgrain~, but this looks like a rather easy
task now, that the grand architecture is described...

ciao