[PD] Soundblaster Audigy

Olof Bendt olof.bendt at interactiveinstitute.se
Fri Sep 20 09:38:58 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to make a four channel piece using pd under windows2000 and a Soundblaster Audigy Player card. I have installed the latest asio driver for the card and my other asio enabled software finds all the needed outports.

In my other software the outports show as follows:

1-2 wav out1
3-4 wav out2
5-6 wav out3
7-8 front L/R
9-10 rear L/R
11-12 Sub
13-14 Reverb

Accessing the front and rear speakers individually is no problem through dac~ 7-10. But for some reason the maximum channels available from pd is only 12. Trying to set this higher (using the -channels ... switch) results in an error stating that an invalid number of channels has been set. Therefore I can't access the reverb channel on the card wich in other software turns up as channel 13-14.

Is there a reason why the reverb channels don't show up in pd.
Can I work around this problem in any way. (reverb and other effects provided by the card would be really nice to have access to as a separate outport, as it works in for example cubase or reason)

Thanks

/Olof

Olof Bendt - Researcher/Developer
Smart Studio - The Interactive Institute
+46-8-783 24 96