[PD] framestein codec?

Juha Vehviläinen jusu at pinktwins.com
Thu Sep 19 17:46:37 CEST 2002

Hi David,

The example head.avi uses the Cinepak-codec, which
really should be included in any windows installation.
Anyway, for your clips, use any codec you wish / have,
Framestein uses whatever your machine has much like
Media Player. If an AVI plays in MP, it will play in FS.

About which codec to use: Cinepak is not too great in
picture quality, but decompressing it takes really little CPU.
I recently found this:

http://www.midivid.com/codec/

Check the MV3-codec. Good quality with ok filesize,
designed with VJ's in mind.

There might be a problem with the text/sonogram-example. :(

Good luck!

juha