[PD] output to text file

Soeren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Wed Sep 25 09:57:32 CEST 2002

You can get the amplitude of a wavefile at time intervals with the
snapshot~ object. Snapshot~ can be triggered by metro (e.g. metro 200 for
0.2 msec intervals).

You can then use the textfile object to store the info in a textfile like
<add $1 $2> where $1 and $2 are time and amplitude packed with the pack
object. (Remember to connect to the right inlet of the pack object first
or add a bang to the left inlet, because the right inlet is "cold" (not
sending when changed). Otherwise your results will be moved one place down
the list).

See the textfile reference for more info on the textfile. For more
advanced textfile formatting you can try msgfile from the zexy lib.

HTH
Soeren

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, thomas mery wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new to pd so sorry if this is a very basic question....
>
> I need to output audio info(amplitude, frequencies....) to a text file. Is
> there an object that handles this in pd ?
>
> What I want to obtain is a text file that would look like this :
>
> timeStamp(in second) = amplitudeInfo
>
> ex :
>
> 0.2 = 0.002
> 0.5 = -0.0003