[PD] gem: pix_film+separator=pd_crash!?

dmotd dmotd at subdimension.com
Sat Sep 28 20:01:21 CEST 2002

my emails been a bit buggy so apologies if this hits the list
a few times....

hello:

   just experiencing a bug with pd0.35/gem0.87 on win2k..
pd crashes when i attempt to texture map an .avi
to two separated geos using the separator object
(demo patch below). the bug occurs both with pix_texure
and pix_texture2, and with pix_film and pix_movie..

   i receive this error msg:
The instruction at "0X015cf58b" referenced memory
at "0x0be06e8b". The memory could not be "read".

   and disassembly points to:
015CF58B   mov         ecx,dword ptr [ebx+edx]

   im under the impression that this patch should work,
as this sort of setup is mentioned in the gem
documentation.. it may also be worth noting that the
separator object works on my machine with standard
(untextured) geos.  oh and until i get a new video card
im relying on software rendering.

   thanks..
dmotd

sepcrsh.pd
________________
#N canvas 115 239 587 506 12;
#X obj 37 220 gemwin;
#X msg 33 95 0;
#X msg 65 113 1;
#X msg 98 136 create;
#X msg 129 161 destroy;
#X obj 299 33 gemhead;
#X obj 295 234 rotateXYZ;
#X obj 220 277 separator;
#X obj 365 272 separator;
#X obj 211 419 cube;
#X obj 371 420 cube;
#X floatatom 405 303 5 0 0;
#X floatatom 247 305 5 0 0;
#X floatatom 381 221 5 0 0;
#X obj 292 193 pix_texture2;
#X msg 385 51 auto \$1;
#X obj 385 32 tgl 15 0 empty empty empty 20 8 0 8 -262144 -1
-1 0 1;
#X floatatom 327 137 5 0 0;
#X obj 293 166 pix_rgba;
#X obj 306 139 tgl 15 0 empty empty empty 20 8 0 8 -262144
-1 -1 01;
#X obj 295 112 pix_film;
#X msg 384 76 open homer.avi;
#X obj 213 339 translateXYZ;