[PD] gem: pix_film+separator=pd_crash!?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 30 04:04:14 CEST 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, dmotd wrote:
>    i receive this error msg:
> The instruction at "0X015cf58b" referenced memory
> at "0x0be06e8b". The memory could not be "read".
>    and disassembly points to:
> 015CF58B   mov         ecx,dword ptr [ebx+edx]

Disassembly of a single instruction does not help because it doesn't tell
at all which part of the program the problem is in.

On my OS, I can get the function name, file name, and line number, if the
program was compiled with the right options. I don't know about your OS,
but it usually helps if you can get that kind of information about
the crash.

matju