[PD] escape characters in messages

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 14 01:52:41 CEST 2002

I agree... I just don't think the best way is to allow message boxes to
parse escape characters... probably, filenames, URLs, etc, should be handled
in some better way than by typing them (with appropriate escape chars) into
message boxes.

Of course I don't have a better idea yet (well, actually I might, but I'm
still thinking about it: what about "symbol" boxes that remember their
contents? and/or having a way to handle arrays of symbols... since there
isn't the same parsing as in message boxes, there shouldn't need to be
any funny escape mechanism.

cheers
Miller