[PD] stream name

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Tue Oct 29 09:53:43 CET 2002

ales schrieb:

> hi.
> we have icecast running on woody, getting sound from pd.
> all is fine, except xmms is displaying name of the stream "PureData".
> is there a way to change it?

Hi Ales,

you can only change it in the code (right now). Have a look around line
879 in the version 0.3d code.... there you can change stream's name, URL,
artist and the like.  I'll probably add a method to set this using
messages (like in oggcast~). So stay tuned.

> some more info about shoutcast~ ?

What do you want to know? - There is the shoutcast~ howto on
http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/shout/shoutcast-howto.html. But
it only covers general aspects of how to get things up and running....

Olaf