[PD] trackers!?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Nov 24 02:35:58 CET 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 09:11:17PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hi,
> David N G McCallum hat gesagt: // David N G McCallum wrote:
>
> > 	What I did get working so far, which has been pretty fun, is using
> > the tracker live to trigger the angriff drums. But maybe a better use, and
> > truer to tracker style, would be just to use a VST sampler in Pd... of
> > course, then I might as well just use buzz.
> >
> > 	If you do want to check out MIDI trackers, at least in windows,
> > take a look at ztracker. My best find so far. It takes MIDi time clock
> > info, so there might be a way to directly use that to control the
> > tracker's play position from Pd, sync it, etc. dunno, still exploring
> > this...
>
> On Linux, I can recommend Shaketracker (http://reduz.com.ar/shaketracker)
> and ttrk, the last one being a bit limited. But playing PD through
> Shaketracker is great fun: Shaketracker translates your standard
> Mod-Effects to midi data.
>
> One could also record all this to a qlist and run it again without the
> tracker...

Shaketracker used like this is pretty neat, but i found it annoying having two seperate programs running. I think what
i'll probably do at some stage is code a 'track' external a bit like Yves' Pianoroll turned on it's side, except with
numbers instead of a vertical scale for the notation. So it would effectively be like a single track lifted from a
tracker program with the same keystrokes etc. Time and laziness permitting of course.

Regards,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://www.mccormick.cx