[PD] pd as a vst instrument plugin

Mark Khemma mkhemma at orion.it.luc.edu
Wed Nov 6 05:17:27 CET 2002

Hello, pd'ers

I was just wondering if it is feasible to have pd act as a vst instrument,
much like the way reaktor works within environments such as sonar,
calkwalk, logic audio platinum. maybe mark junklight may have some insight
into this area.  I'm curious if it would be possible or if
there would be any/many complications considering that the gui portion
uses tcl/tk (is it both or one of them?). personally i don't even have the
skills to import the makefile of pd into a VC++ workspace and compile, so
I'm not the best person to get the project jump started.  All
i know is that vst plugins are simply .dll's (placed into a vstplugin
folder) in addition to  extra files which are configuration files (in our
case simply .pd files) . I'd be so happy if i could use pd within my
logic audio program.
just curious,
 Mark .k