[PD] pd as a vst instrument plugin

stefan geissler stefan.geissler at univie.ac.at
Wed Nov 6 15:45:47 CET 2002

I have also no programming skills and I am very interested in getting pd
to work in a vstenviroment, too. preferably
in a similar manner as reaktor can be controlled from a vsthost. as far
as I understood the whole thing isnot so trivial
(the vstside, the pdside, the gui) and if there is enough interest I
think that efforts in that direction should be coordinated.
there were several postings about this concern over the recent years,
but it seems that nothing ever really happned.
what came next to use pd "inside" a vsthost was pdauto
<http://mamalala.de/xovo/pdauto.html> with sending parameters over the
tcpport, but this method causes
a too high latency and the gui is visible just in some vsthosts i.e.
just testing the whole thing and getting it to work on more
than one host seems to be a kind of challenge.