[PD] pd as a vst instrument plugin

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed Nov 6 16:47:42 CET 2002

> what came next to use pd "inside" a vsthost was pdauto
> <http://mamalala.de/xovo/pdauto.html> with sending parameters over the
> tcpport, but this method causes
> a too high latency and the gui is visible just in some vsthosts i.e.

Hi Stefan,
its true that this project has fallen into the deep sleep.
I developed it for one project for which it was working ok, but then didn't
need it again.
It is message-based only and there's no way to adapt it for audio with
acceptable latency and jitter.
There has been some interest lately, though, and if someone wants to
resurrect it, go ahead... the source code is still existent.

The most reasonable way is to adapt the PD audio engine as a VST client or
write an object which does the same.

best greetings
Thomas