[PD] Netsend Jitter Elimination

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Nov 6 23:10:29 CET 2002

Hi,
lxlj hat gesagt: // lxlj wrote:

> you could also send messages with future timestamps (in the milliseconds
> range), store them on receive and retrigger when they re due.
> discard msgs with tstamps in the past or re-schedule them aligned
> somewhere on the rythmical grid ..

Some interesting thoughts on this might be in Appendix C.1 (pp 66-70)
of the MWPP draft:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-mwpp.txt

Quoting John Lazarro on linux-audio-dev:

  It basically describes the three methods MWPP provides for coding
  timestamps onto MIDI commands when packetizing a MIDI stream. The
  goal is that whatever your MIDI source is (a MIDI 1.0 DIN jack, an
  algorithmic composition program, etc), one of these three methods
  will be the right one to capture the timing as best as can be, into
  an RTP packet. Feedback is welcome on the topic, we're starting to
  close in "Last Call" for the document, but there is still a few
  months left ...

ciao