[PD] pd-watchdog

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Nov 8 05:13:21 CET 2002

I am pretty sure I was getting a similar effect on an PowerPC
604e/linux-ppc.  I was using pd -rt on 4 Mac 8600s , and everything would
work fine for a while.  Then the machines would basically freeze, they
were pingable, but I couldn't do anything and the sound playback would
stop.  And this is with pd playing back a few samples with no filtering or
effects, so it shouldn't be using much CPU.

Its easy to reproduce, if you'd like some info on it.

.hc