[PD] abstraction's knowledge of parent's path

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Nov 8 15:07:24 CET 2002

hi David,

I think there are two reasons for not having 'file...' and
'...path' objects in Pd.  One is that nobody is really willing to
write and maintain a spaghetti code.  The other is that, outside
of a Windows world, what you need is basically as easy as putting
whatever (eg. ls -t1 *.wav | head -1) into an executable file (eg.
named 'lastwave', eg. placed in a current dir), then putting
[loadbang]->'./lastwave'->[shell] into a patch.

Krzysztof