[PD] command line options

Johannes Taelman johannes.taelman at rug.ac.be
Tue Nov 12 12:21:49 CET 2002

> Where or how can i find the list with the command line options/flags ?

Hi Nico,

Start a command prompt (I assume you're using win2k/xp) and enter
cd pd\bin
pd -help

Alternative: create a pd-help.bat file (if you need it often) in c:\pd
containing

bin\pd -help
pause

Without the pause the command shell closes immediately.

I made a set of batch files for
- setting up environment variables containing all the libs I use (%pdlibs%),
the paths I use (%pdpath%) and the midi IO ports I have
- pd -listdev
- pd -asio -listdev
- pd -nomidi %pdlibs% %pdpath%
This one is for testing, crashing PD with midi or asio drivers active takes
my whole system down... (with midiman midisport drivers and the latest
hammerfall dsp asio driver)
- pd -asio %pdmidi% %pdlibs% %pdpath%

The command line options are also documented in
C:\PD\doc\1.manual\x3.htm

regards,
 j#|@