[PD] background pics in pd/quicktime codecs in gem

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Thu Nov 14 10:35:52 CET 2002

Hi all,

2 questions:

1. Is there a way to load bitmap images into a patcher as a background
   image?

2. Using Gem with a Linux System I try to play back an Apple Quicktime
   Movie. I get the following eror:

pix_film:: quicktime4linux support
pix_film:: libmpeg3 support
Trying to load external codec quicktime_codec_rpza.so
Can't load the codec
quicktime_codec_rpza.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Trying to load external codec quicktime_codec_rpza.so
Can't load the codec
quicktime_codec_rpza.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
GEM: pix_film: unsupported CODEC 'rpza'!
quicktime_delete_vcodec_stub called

   It might be a misconfiguration as I found out that rpza is the
   standard Apple Quicktime codec and Gem's docs say this format is
   supported. If I can't get this to work: Does anybody know of any
   way to convert a quicktime Movie to Mpeg2 on a Linux machine or a Mac?

--
Orm