[PD] Feature suggestion: pd non-realtime

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Nov 14 13:04:46 CET 2002

hi Johannes,

wonder, why nobody has answered yet?  If I am not totally out
of my wits, than pd -noaudio does no good either, because in
that case Pd's audio is synced to the realtime clock
(gettimeofday on Unix).

Measuring with [bang~]->[t b b]->[realtime]->[number] may be
deceptive.  If you look at an average of [realtime]'s output,
then it will show 1.4 (at 44.1kHz).

In short, Pd is not suited for faster-than-real-time processing
(yet? -- it takes just a few lines of code to make it), but otoh,
it is perfectly suited for slower-than-real-time processing.

Krzysztof