[PD] how to cut patch-cords in 0.36

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 15 05:07:22 CET 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Miller Puckette wrote:

> in case you're wondering, you can't just cut patch cords in 0.36 by
> clicking; as in Max, you now select the cord and hit backspace,
> delete, or the "cut" menu item.

make sure you change the cursor: the X shape suggests that cutting would
take place immediately on click; the cursor should suggest that clicking
will only select. also i must comment that putting the selection in such a
shade of blue makes it a little hard to distinguish from non-selected (but
it's not that bad).

> Dont forget to try "undo" and enjoy seeing everything jump back,
> particularly after trying "tidy up" and not liking the result.

I must really thank you for the undo feature. That's the kind of thing I
find so important, I would have liked implementing it if I were really
using PD (but I'm still sticking with jMax).