[PD] msgfile (zexy) behaviour

João Miguel Pais jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Mon Nov 18 03:33:21 CET 2002

Dear list,

I have the output from a msgfile object (zexy's version of textfile), which
outputs a list. I needed to insert in the beggining of that list the string
"msg". After trying with several possibilities, especially pack, couldn't
realize this. Anybody has any suggestion of how to insert a string in the
beggining of a list?

One other issue: compared to textfile, msgfile sometimes (!) has a different
behaviour, like

- all output is preceed with the string "list"

- all lines from the text formated document come with a single bang (as with
the same document in textfile comes one line at a time, as normal)

- and strangest of all, this happens only sometimes, specially after using
msgfile after the first time in a patch

(v 0.35t26 in xp)

Thanks as usual,

João Miguel Pais