[PD] Gem "model" object

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Nov 18 19:02:24 CET 2002

chris clepper wrote:
> the Wavefront .obj models do not have any support for this type of
> movement.  the only way to get such a feature in GEM is to support a
> different model format.  two things have been suggested to me:

i have once experimented with libCAL3D (which is for Character Animation
Library).
Of course, you can hardly make your own models (i think there is a
3DS-plugin)

i think i will incorporate a quake-model loader (the source code is
already on my hd, i only have to have some times)

however, i think this is not the answer to the original question:

>> I'm not a programmer myself, so sorry if the question is
>> naive. In principle, would it be possible to modify the
>> code to the model object so that the actual vertices of a
>> model can be moved?

unfortunately : NO

mfg.ad.r
IOhannes