[pd] IRC

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 19 06:29:14 CET 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, atomly wrote:

> ["j. misra" <proswell at inpuj.net>]
> > I do read this list, Quite honestly I've just been keeping the channel
> > open to play with IRC bots :). I like the idea of a merged channel,
> > but what IRC network would it be on? I'm personally partial to EFNet.
> Yea, I'm already on EFNet all day, every day anyway, so that would be
> good for me as well.

I have not been on EFNet for years. I'm on FreeNode nearly every day.

The #jmax channel is on FreeNode. In addition, that network also has the
biggest Python channel, the biggest Ruby channel, the biggest Perl
channel, and the biggest Lisp channel. Otoh, EFNet does have the biggest
C/C++ channels, but FreeNode's C/C++ channels are also significant.

Other relevant channels on FreeNode may be the ones about audio/video
software, such as #GStreamer, #VideoLAN, #Livid, #XMMS, #Vorbis, #LAD, and
such.