[PD] Multichannel + asio

matthew jones M.Jones at signal.qinetiq.com
Thu Nov 21 14:28:56 CET 2002

hi,
seem to be having some dificulty specifying multiple input and output channels in the startup arguments.
pd -listdev gives something like (this is from memory)

Audio Input #1: Creative Soundblaster
Audio Input #2: M-Audio Delta 1010 Multichannel
Audio Input #3: M-Audio Delta 1010 1/2
Audio Input #4: M-Audio Delta 1010 3/4
Audio Input #5: M-Audio Delta 1010 5/6
Audio Input #6: M-Audio Delta 1010 7/8
Audio Input #7: M-Audio Delta 1010 Mon Mixer
Audio Input #8: M-Audio Delta 1010 SPDIF

(The outputs are the same...)
clearly, I want to be using the Delta 1010.

for some reason, specifying pd.exe -asio -inchannels 3,4,5,6 -outchannels 3,4,5,6
means pd complains about illegal channel number, then takes a long time to register the quit command.

so I try:
pd.exe -asio -inchannels 2 -outchannels 2

same thing.  In fact, if I try specifying channel numbers, it complains.  I can get the Delta 1010 to work only by not specifying any channel numbers, and altering windows' default device to be Delta 1010.  it works, but only 1 stereo pair.

Any idea how to get multichannel I/O working??

cheers,