[PD] percolate for linux

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Nov 21 18:03:04 CET 2002

Hi,

some people were independently reporting success in porting some of the
objects to linux but nowbody ported them all... (and I still don't have a
Linux box because there are no Linux drivers for the motu 828)

Frank Barknecht schrieb:

> I see one problem with these: Percolate, GGEE and some externals by
> Yves D. all port STK to Pd. Maybe there should be a combined effort,
> to avoid this duplicate work. In that case, one maybe wants to do a
> PerColate without the STK objects?

My goal was to completely port PeRColate, regardless what other STK based
objects already were available. I only excluded objects we already have as
core Pd objects. In the end I even ported the video stuff (which is now
available as objects for Framestein).
At least on Win the two other ways of getting parts of STK into Pd don't
work (aren't ported yet), as far as I know. Anyway, I really would like to
support someone who wants to port PeRColate to Linux. Maybe I can take this
opportunity to learn how to write Linux compatible code.... I would
probably try a OS X port if can get hands on a OS X machine again.

Olaf