[PD] laptop + linux + pd + help

Rama rama at xicnet.com
Tue Nov 26 14:18:31 CET 2002

Hi buddies ! Maybe I should not post this into this list, but I'm
getting crazy tryng to decide which laptop to buy in order to get
(debian) linux and pd working perfectly.

If someone could give any kind of help about it I would appreciate it
very much. Of course one of my main needs is to have linux working with
all of the system devices (net, usb, X + accel/OpenGL(to use GEM)) and
definetely PD.

One possible target is a Dell Latitude (Dell says they support linux for
this line of laptops and it is supposed that everything should work
under linux with those, but I'd like to confirm some way (if possible),
that it's true and that I won't be fighting against it (and them) in
order to have everything up and running. The video card might be an Ati
Mobility Radeon 7500 or 9000 (i beleive) but I understand acceleration
is not yet supported under linux for this cards, so the alternative is
an nVidia w/64mb which seems to work (also would like to confirm).

I'm sorry if this message bothers someone out there but I really need
some help about it and I guess it might be of help for other users
(probably).

If someone could recommend me any kind of solution (even posting this at
any other list or whatever) I will be very happy. If direct help could
be provided it would be great !

Any feedback welcome !
Thank you, guys.
cya