[PD] help needed with xeq_record

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Nov 27 22:04:16 CET 2002

hi,

sorry it took so long.  There is a very simple help patch for
xeq_record -- what is not clear about it?

First connect notein, ctlin, etc. to the xeq_record's inlet,
through a 'readd' message.  Then start recording with 'record',
stop with 'restop'.  Look at the contents with 'edit', confirm
editing changes with 'editok', save to a midi file with 'mfwrite',
or to a text file with 'write'.

Play it back directly from xeq_record through a midiout, or use an
associated xeq_parse object (as in the help patch).  Any object of
the xeq family sees the recorded sequence, provided it has the
same name (first argument) as xeq_record.

One inconvenience (or a convenience if one chooses to record
non-midi sequences) might be that an event type has to be given
explicitly, in the first argument to a 'readd' message (see the
help patch).

Krzysztof