[PD] Audio I/O stuck, win2kpro UPDATE

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 28 09:10:47 CET 2002

Hi,
Martin Dupras hat gesagt: // Martin Dupras wrote:

> I just discovered that part of the problem seems to be having
> syncgrain~ (win32 version) in the externs folder. I would have
> thought that externals do not even get seen let alone loaded before
> called as objects, but I suppose that must not be the case.

You mean, having syncgrain~.dll in the folder without a syncgrain~
object beeing used is enough to stuck you audio card? That is very
strange, and I have no idean, what this could mean.

Unfortunatly I don't have Win32 at home, where I develop, so I cannot
try to reproduce you problem. (Actually, I don't even know, if there
were changes to the yncgrain~ code made, while it was ported to w32)

> 2)       is there another good granular synthesis external somewhere?
I'd like to hear about that one, too.

ciao